The Events Calendar is now available for you in three formats. We hope these options will help in communicating our events and educational program series to the community. Each option is indicated below.
- Reminder of key upcoming and monthly programs for the next 2 months (updated at the end of each month)
- An online document for your review that you can download
- A Google Calendar that lists events and holidays.
As a reminder, all regular membership meetings are scheduled the third Tuesday of the month and begin with a business meeting at 7:00 pm. Business meetings are followed by an educational program or activity. Executive Committee meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month and begin at 7:00 p.m
Key Programs in October and November
Location: Brown Memorial Presbyterian Church, 1316 Park Avenue, 21217
Chad Vrany has been involved in tree care since joining the Bartlett Tree Experts team in 1998 as a climber. After receiving his degree from Carroll Community College he worked in the field as a foreman and plant healthcare technician. Attracted to Bartlett’s scientific approach to tree care and pioneering safety practices, Chad accepted the position of Arborist Representative for the Baltimore office in 2004. He is a Maryland Tree Expert and licensed pesticide applicator. Chad is an ISA Board Certified Master Arborist and a Certified Professional Horticulturist by the Maryland Nursery and Landscape Association. Chad enjoys giving garden club presentations and caring for local trees and shrubs.
Note: Program will begin immediately following the membership meeting.
Have a houseplant that is languishing or has been growing in the same pot seemingly forever? Give new life to your plants by getting it repotted at the Bolton Hill Garden Club’s Plant Repotting & Rx Clinic This is a free event for the community.
What to bring:
* plants and orchids that are: pot-bound, crowded, need separating, not flourishing or reblooming, or a mystery plant in need of identification
* new potting soil (not topsoil) or orchid bark for your plant or orchid
* a larger pot you would like your plant repotted into (approx. 1″ increase recommended). We will have some extra pots on hand.
BHGC will provide:
* a team of experienced and knowledgeable plant enthusiast garden club volunteers for repotting, helpful identification and plant care advice
hands-on instruction on how to repot your plants;
* tables for plant repotting with a separate table for plant identification and Rx plant care advice;
* pot bottom drainage material — i.e., broken terracotta pieces, pebbles, gravel, styrofoam peanuts (for larger plants)
* gently used pots, if needed;
* plant care reference books for identification questions;
* refreshment drinks and light snacks.
Community donations of gently used, clean, surplus pots and never used potting soil (not topsoil), and material to assist pot drainage will be appreciated.
Bolton Hill Garden Club Program Calendar
This option provides the calendar in an online format that you may review online or download. To download the document, you just click the “Download” button below the document.
Bolton Hill Garden Club Google Calendar
The calendar option lists meetings and social events on BHGardenClub1965@gmail.com calendar. Members will periodically receive google calendar invites to join these events and get friendly reminders. You do not have to RSVP to attend and drop ins are always welcome, however having an accurate count helps our hosts and planning committees.