After a two-year hiatus due to COVID-19, the Spring Plant Sale will be returning to Fitzgerald Park (1627 Bolton St., Baltimore, 21217 – corner of Bolton & Wilson Sts.) starting at 10:00 am to 3:00 pm or until sold out.
A variety of annuals, perennials, herbs, and hanging baskets will be sold in a market-style setting. Additionally, in show of support for Ukrainian refugees, BHGC will sell pre-planted peat pots with Sunflower seeds, Ukraine’s national flower, with proceeds donated to UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency.
This year’s event will include a Garden Shed Sale, as well as a Boutique section for select items of quality. Donated gardening items in good-to-excellent and clean condition will be sold to help neighbors with their spring planting, and enhance their stoops, window boxes, and inner and outer garden spaces. The following items are anticipated for sale, based on donations received:
- Garden tools – i.e. shovels, spades, rakes, edgers, loppers and pruning shears
- Garden gloves
- Antique-vintage-new indoor decorative cache pots and flower pots
- Outdoor urns, planters, flower pots, and window boxes
- Trellises, fencing and edging
- Tomato cages
- Plant stakes, labels, twine
- Bags of unused potting soil, topsoil, and mulch
- Bird baths, and garden statuary
- Outdoor furniture, patio umbrellas
- Bird or bat houses
- Stepping stones and pavers
Proceeds from the spring plant and garden shed sale will help fund greening and beautification grants for our community.
Click on the link below to view this year’s plant offerings :